This week, FPAs received Royal Assent. Which means now the real work starts. We can officially start collecting those crucial first signatures – either 1000, or 10% of a workforce.
So what is Royal Assent?
“The granting of the Royal Assent signifies the bill has the approval of the King, who is New Zealand’s Head of State. In New Zealand, the Royal Assent is given by the Governor-General as the Sovereign’s representative.”
Now that it’s all official, MBIE has published some updated content, including:
- Fair Pay Agreements page (Employment New Zealand website): Fair Pay Agreements » Employment New Zealand
- Overview of the FPA system: The Fair Pay Agreement system (employment.govt.nz)
- Info sheet for employees: Understanding Fair Pay Agreements - A quick guide for employees (employment.govt.nz)
- Info sheet for employers: Understanding Fair Pay Agreements - A quick guide for employers (employment.govt.nz)
- Updated information on the MBIE website: Fair Pay Agreements | Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (mbie.govt.nz)
They will also be releasing ongoing information about FPAs and other employment-related topics via their Employment New Zealand newsletter and social media channels:
Featured NewsSee all news >
What do employers need to know about FPAs?
04 November 2022
Fair Pay Agreements represent the biggest step forward for workers' rights in over 30 years....
Fair Pay Agreements have passed Royal Assent, so now the real mahi starts.
03 November 2022
This week, FPAs received Royal Assent. Which means now the real work starts. We can official...
What does an FPA mean for Adam?
03 November 2022
Adam works at a fast-food joint in Christchurch. He's recently been promoted to a supervisor...
Fair Pay Agreement passes the third reading and gets LOTS of media
27 October 2022
Yesterday, we got to witness history being made. Fair Pay Agreements are now a reality for w...